Friday, July 11, 2008

C and the horizons of time, IV.

The fourth, and probably last, in this series begun 6/24:

Aenjelman Dreemz

IV. And the Dotter ov Sawl Had No Chield

Wen I kaem tu the wouman the garden a saje,
All fraegren az insens, an shining a gaze.
2 twisted loevz, a goblet a wine,
And a bouk a seengz in a soft resiet.

I approech her tabel, a deziyerren trueth,
And sed, "Du yu seek wut iz not in yur bouk?
     "I am seen yu naked. Wer I naked tu yu?"
She blusht. She blansht. She belied her louks
And sed, "Ive bin wunderen the saem ov yu."

But her fother overheerz and wuz graetlee dismayd.
He kloisterd her up ware she yet remaenz.
Then sendz hiz dogz, wonten my repent,
With thaer toothee grinz and kiendess skant.

For a momen I see her thru the serfassez a dreem.
Then the kerrents drag down and she kant be seen.
               "Michal, Saul's daughter, looked through a window,
               and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord;
               and she despised him in her heart."
               2 Shmuel, 6:16

No comments: